No garage door opener is immune to damage or malfunction, including Genie garage door openers. While Genie is one of the top brands on the market, they’re susceptible to wear and tear like any other electronic equipment.
Our Professionally Trained Technicians can diagnose issues with many popular models of Genie garage door openers.
- Genie MachForce 2, Connect XL 2, Plus XL 2
- Genie SilentMax 550, 750, 1000, 1200, Connect
- Genie 3042-TKH SilentMax 1000
- Genie StealthDrive 750, Connect
- Genie ChainMax 1000, 1200
- Genie ChainLift 600, 700, 800 (Models 1022, 2022, 2027)
- Genie 3053-TKV QuietLift Connect
- Genie 2042 QuietLift 800
- Genie 3035 Chain Drive 750
- Genie Excelerator Series H, ISD, Pro 99, 1000, II
- Genie ReliaG Series (Models 1024, 1028, 2024, 2028)
- Genie 2033-TKV ChainGlide Connect Smartphone Controlled
- Genie 1042 BeltLift 600
- Genie 3024 IntelliG Pro Series
- Genie 1-1/4 HP Ultra Quiet Garage Door Opener
- Genie Intellicode Keypads
- All belt drive, chain drive, and screw drive models
- All remotes and wall buttons
…and many others!
Common Issues with Genie Openers
Genie openers are generally reliable, though there are a few parts that tend to wear down more quickly than others. We often get calls to repair the remotes & keypads or limit switches in Genie systems, which often means your garage door won’t open or close, or may only open or close partway.
Other common opener issues include:
- Remotes & wall buttons not working
- Humming sound when activating opener
- Smoke coming from opener unit
- Door not going down when button is pressed
- Door not opening or closing
- Door only opens or closes partway
- Very loud noises
- Unresponsive sensors & photo eyes
- Burnt out capacitor
- Blinking lights
- Control boards malfunctioning
Our technicians arrive with fully stocked trucks so they can resolve almost any Genie opener issue on the first visit.
Genie Opener Repair vs. Replacement
While you may think that your Genie garage opener needs to be replaced, it may simply need a quick repair. With our free 25-point inspection and amazing customer reviews, we will assess the situation and tell you exactly what you need. We carry the highest quality parts to repair most Genie openers and we fix it right the first time.
Here are the most common reasons your opener can’t be repaired and may need to be replaced:
- Your current opener was made before 1993. Older models of garage door openers don’t have today’s safety features in place. Therefore, we will not work on these openers and strongly recommend replacement.
- Your opener doesn’t have photoelectric eyes. This means your opener doesn’t have a safety measure to prevent your door from closing on people, animals, or objects under the door.
- Your opener has been recalled. For your safety, we can’t repair any openers that have been recalled.
- Your opener has been discontinued. In this case, replacement parts are often no longer available.
Why choose our professional Genie repair services?
Our garage door opener services are highly professional – all of our techs must complete a rigorous, proprietary training course before entering your garage. You can trust that you’re getting service from specialists, not handymen. All technicians are fully licensed and insured.
Our uniformed technicians arrive in fully stocked trucks to complete the job on the first visit. Before repairing or replacing any parts, your tech will perform a 25-point inspection of your entire garage door & opener system to help catch any other potential issues before they become major problems.
We’re proudly locally owned and operated in Richmond. You are our friends, family, and neighbors, so your satisfaction matters to us.
Think we can help get your garage door opener back on track? Call now to schedule a service visit!